Saturday, November 7, 2009

scott becker looking for april

scott becker looking for april

Only a few months old when her mother took her and left Southern California, April Becker's father never knew, never knew he was looking for her. "I have spent thousands of dollars looking for her. I do not, I did not know when she was alive or dead or something."

"For whatever reason I put in 'Scott Robert Becker looking for April' because I had just always done his name and boom, a website popped up April Becker.com. It said 'April Joi Becker I'm your dad I really want to meet you.' I just knew. I just knew. There wasn't a doubt in my mind. It was him. I cried and cried and cried."April e mailed Becker, telling him she thought he was her father.


E-mail was followed by phone calls, and then a few days Becker flew from his home in Kansas to find his daughter, now grown, now the mother of four year-old Brooke Aidan six years. This sunny Friday outside an apartment complex in April, their children running to meet my grandfather again, "Grandpa Scott!" For the first time in three decades, can see the future together.

No comments:

Post a Comment